Ovarian Cancer Patients: 2 Healthy Salads to Help You Recover
Your big goal when you have ovarian cancer is to get those fruits and vegetables into your body in copious amounts and not look back! You need them to detoxify your body.
In the case of cancer, using two natural healing principles – detoxification and rebuilding/nourishing the body is the way you can start the healing process on your own.
The healing process is not something you do once and it’s finished. With detoxification and nourishing/rebuilding your body, you will have to do them every single day, multiple times a day. You can start these two principles now by making some changes in the foods you eat. For example, healthy salads filled with nourishing foods could not only contribute to detoxification of your body but also the rebuilding of it as well.
Carrot Broccoli Detox Salad
Yield: 2 servings (16 servings fruits and veggies)
- 2-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- ½ red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 3 ounces pumpkin seeds, salted
- 3 ounces pepper jack cheese cubes
- 1 cup lentils, cooked
- 2 pears, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a very large bowl, layer carrots, lentils, broccoli and garlic.
- In blender mix olive oil, ginger, lemon juice and honey. Pour one-third of this mixture over the vegetables in the bowl. Toss gently.
- Add red cabbage, pears, onions, and celery to the salad bowl.
- Then add another third of the dressing mixture to the salad bowl.
- Next add the parsley, cilantro, pears and pumpkin seeds.
- Finish off the dressing and add it to the salad.
- Let the salad marinate for a few hours, then serve.
Since ovarian cancer is a reproductive system cancer, it’s especially important to take in nourishing foods such as red raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries. These power-packed fruits do wonders for loading the body’s arsenal with anti-cancer compounds. The amount needed per day of these foods is 2 cups total, so it’s best to find some economical sources of them. However, you should have organic ones.
Here’s a recipe so you can fill up on these healthy berries:
Chocolate Berry Cancer Buster
Yield: 1 serving (3 servings fruit)
- 2/3 cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- 2/3 cup blackberries
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 4 ounces coconut water
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream concentrate
- 1 teaspoon Ghiradelli cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, add all berries and toss lightly.
- In the blender, mix coconut water, coconut cream concentrate, and cocoa powder. Blend for a few seconds until blended thoroughly.
- Then pour the blended mixture over the berries and indulge, knowing you are doing a lot of good for your body.